This working paper aims “to assess the ‘how and what’ of what concerns partnership practitioners in evaluating the cross-sector partnerships in which they are involved. The motivation was to identify the ingredients of a successful partnership evaluation and to identify priorities for further research and development of tools for evaluating cross-sector partnerships.
By canvassing the views of partnership practitioners, the project sought to answer the following questions:
- Definitions: Is there a consensus on the terminology related to evaluating cross-sector partnerships?
- Aspects of Evaluation: Which aspects of partnering are considered to be the most important in evaluations of cross-sector partnerships?
- Planning Evaluation: In what ways do partnership practitioners plan to evaluate their partnerships and what is the focus of such evaluations?
- Tools: What tools are used for evaluating cross-sector partnerships?
- Improving Evaluation: What are the most important barriers to improving evaluations of cross-sector partnerships?”
This report is included in our list of TEN NOTABLE RESOURCES FOR EVALUATING CROSS-SECTOR COLLABORATION .