“It is important for stakeholders to be aware of opportunities for public engagement during transportation planning and programming in order to fully benefit by shaping and influencing potential transportation solutions according to their needs and priorities at an early stage.”
The Guidelines serve the following purposes:
- Identify and explain opportunities for public engagement regarding the identification, screening, development, procurement, and implementation of public-private partnership projects procured under the Public-Private Transportation Act of 1995. …
- Tap the expertise and experience of Virginians — as citizens and as potential consumers of improved services.
- Highlight the benefits to all parties of participating in the opportunities for public engagement presented at important points in the P3 Framework.
- Enhance transparency identified in the Manual and Guidelines and support its consistent application throughout the P3 Framework.
- Engage in a proactive manner and support stakeholders’ improved understanding of Virginia’s P3 Program and P3 projects.”