The Community Tool Box is a free, online resource for those working to build healthier communities and bring about social change.
The Assessing Community Needs and Resources Toolkit provides guidance for conducting assessments of community needs and resources, including:
- Describe the makeup and history of the community to provide a context within which to collect data on its current concerns.
- Describe what matters to people in the community.
- Describe what matters to key stakeholders.
- Describe the evidence indicating whether the problem/goal should be a priority issue.
- Describe the barriers and resources for addressing the identified issue(s).
- Select and state the priority issue (or issues) to be addressed by the group.